Integra BMS, in keeping with our history of being your partner with solutions for your health plan is offering employer groups an easy way to obtain an online web-based HIPAA compliance tool: HIPAA Solutions Rx, A BridgeFront Company. Since ARRA/HITECH legislation was passed, HIPAA Covered Entities, as well as their Business Associates, are facing increasing responsibilities. In addition to increasing compliance obligations, these new regulations have stepped up enforcement activities and greatly increased fines for violations. In other words, HIPAA compliance is more important than ever. Nonetheless, estimates suggest that less than half of employers are HIPAA-compliant.
While Integra BMS has continually been providing updates on this new HIPAA legislation, we wanted to provide a compliance tool to assist our Covered Entity partners in their compliance activities. To assist them with their compliance activities, Integra BMS will be able to provide interested clients a new, Web-based portal -- the HIPAA Employer Compliance Center. This resource by BridgeFront / HIPAA Solutions Rx will be available to Integra BMS health plan clients at a reasonable fee.
The BridgeFront resource is customized to help self-funded and fully insured health plans - and their sponsors – achieve the required level of HIPAA compliance. Resources include:
- Training - Cost-effective, time saving employee online training is available through the Compliance Center. Through the Integra BMS relationship, your organization can provide a self-paced, online training course for the staff members you choose at a nominal fee.
- Reference Tools - The Compliance Center provides fast, searchable answers to your questions about HIPAA compliance, and guidance for how to respond in the event of a security breach.
- Structural Compliance Tools - At the Compliance Center you'll also find easy to understand privacy guide checklists to lead you step-by-step through the process. You'll also find forms, agreements, policies and procedures documents formatted in MS Word that can be customized to your specific needs.
- Documentation - The sample forms and documents found at the Compliance Center will help you create and maintain evidence of your HIPAA compliance initiative and education activities.
- We look forward to providing you with this innovative, value-added resource in the coming year. While this online tool does not offer attorney services for document reviews and other legal advice, Integra BMS feels this is a valuable tool and we are excited to be able to offer it to our clients.