As the world deals with the impact of COVID-19, access to healthcare is becoming an even more critical component of maintaining your wellbeing. Maestro Health remains steadfast in our commitment to delivering care to our members.
We’ve compiled the latest information and resources here.
Let’s start with the facts:
COVID-19 is a contagious respiratory illness caused by a new strain of coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans. There are other coronaviruses that commonly circulate among humans, such as the common cold. COVID-19 is different. Symptoms of this new coronavirus include fever, cough and shortness of breath.
This virus spreads from person-to-person contact:
- Between people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
How to protect yourself:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for 20 seconds using the CDC’s recommended handwashing guidelines.
- If you can’t wash your hands, use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or in your upper sleeve.
- Avoid large groups and practice social distancing.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Stay home if you feel unwell, even with mild symptoms, to help prevent the spread of disease.
- Seek medical care if you develop a fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
How to stay in-the-know:
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and WHO (World Health Organization) have the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. We recommend keeping tabs on both for the most up-to-date and accurate information about coronavirus and how to keep yourself safe.
Maestro Health is also working diligently to stay updated so that we can support our employees and our clients as efficiently as possible. We’ve put together some helpful links and resources like:
- COVID-19 FAQs
- COVID-19 FAQs Poster
- CDC’s COVID-19 Symptom Checker
- SBA’s low-interest disaster loan information
- AHIP’s running list of how health insurance providers are responding to coronavirus
Where to seek care:
Seeking care during a time when there’s so much risk can seem overwhelming, but there are options available to you that don’t require you to sit in a waiting room for hours on end.
- Seek out virtual care options when possible. Options like telehealth can connect you with an expert provider to talk through your condition. This option is great for when you’re dealing with something like a cold or a sinus infection or want to talk through your care options with an expert provider.
- Quest Diagnostics and Lab Corp have made COVID-19 testing available nation-wide. This means that you can get testing, when appropriate, from these facilities.
Now, more than ever, health and wellbeing are at top of mind. Maestro Health is working hard to support our people with the most up-to-date information and access to care.
We know that this is an uncertain time for the economy and many businesses. If you’re a current Maestro Health client and aren’t sure how to amend your health plan in the midst of COVID-19, contact your Client Experience Manager. Not a client but still want to get in touch? Let’s talk.