Frequently Asked Questions.
Answers about our self-funded solution, how we work with our clients, our partners and more.
What does Maestro Health do?
What is a self-funded health plan?
A self-funded health plan is a health plan model where the employer pays for healthcare coverage directly instead of using an insurance carrier. This includes paying claims, defining networks and repricing strategies and taking on the risk of the claims associated with their plan design.
What sets Maestro Health apart from other TPAs?
We have several differentiators that separate us from our competitors. Here’s a look at how we’re different:
- Mindful claims auditing. Our in-house team personally reviews high-dollar, complex claims so our clients aren’t stuck with inaccurate charges.
- Custom employee engagement solutions. We provide our clients with personalized engagement resources and educational materials to improve benefits awareness and enrollment.
- Insightful data analytics. Our Maestro Health Analytics™ and Autotrigger™ tools provide timely, actionable data and reporting to maximize cost savings, care coordination and the overall benefits experience.
- In-house clinical care management. Our multi-disciplinary clinical team provides acute and chronic care management and 1:1 coaching, developing personal relationships with members to help them find their healthy.
- “We’ve got your back” service. We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of service to our clients. We have an NPS score of 30, near-perfect (99.95%) financial claims accuracy and just one number for employers and members to call when they need help.
- People-focused repricing. We have several repricing strategies available to clients which allows us to catch nasty, high-price claims so our clients aren’t stuck paying more than they should.
How do you drive member engagement in our health and wellness programs?
We approach engagement using our own “edu-marketing” style, an impactful blend of education and marketing strategies designed around delivering the right information at the right time.
How long does it take to implement a benefits plan?
Implementation can take anywhere from 60 to 90 days, depending on the options and services you choose for your plan, access to data and several other factors.
Who's your typical client?
We work with many clients across a variety of industries to administer their self-funded benefits. Our “sweet spot” is groups with 250-5,000 lives, but our solution is scalable to accommodate groups from 2 to 10,000+ lives.
Do you work with fully-insured companies?
No, we only support self-insured companies to administer their benefits.
Which of my benefit vendors does Maestro Health replace?
Maestro Health provides several services and access to key partners to make it easier for our employer clients to manage their self-funded health plans. When our services aren’t in-house, we’ll act as your point-person to help manage relationships with our preferred partners so you’re not juggling vendors.
Here’s a look at what we offer:
- Benefits administration
- Enrollment support
- Consumer-directed spending accounts
- Personalized ember engagement materials
- Claims management
- Repricing services
- In-house clinical care management
- Wellness programs
Here’s a look at the services we partner with:
- Pharmacy benefits managers
- Stop-loss insurance
- Lab and diagnostics
Do you support or administer Medicare?
No, we concentrate on administering benefits for active, employer-sponsored populations.
How much does it cost to work with Maestro Health?
Can I send you an RFI?
Yes, contact us if you’d like to submit an RFI.